3 May 2021, Kathmandu
Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has said that the government was effortful to bring enough COVID-19 vaccines at the earliest in constant contact and coordination with the countries that produce the vaccines like China and Russia, and COVID-19 Vaccines Global Access.
In his address to the nation on COVID-19 and other contemporary issues on Monday, the PM said the government itself had started the process to purchase vaccines apart from vaccines donated by the friendly nations.
On the occasion, PM Oli urged one and all to stay on an alert against the virus, abide the prohibitory order and provide support with the government’s initiatives to prevent and control the infection.
He also requested neighboring and friendly countries to provide health infrastructures including oxygen in assistance to fight the deadly virus.
Referring to the coordination with government agencies in controlling the infection through the High Level Coordination Committee, he claimed that the government had gradually achieved progress in the development of the infrastructure of health sector of the country.
Stating that irregularity and faking occupancy of hospital beds is subject to punishment, he said initiatives had been taken to increase the production of oxygen.
- Govt to operate medical colleges, large govt and private hospitals as COVID hospitals: PM Oli
- Govt effortful to procure COVID-19 vaccines from China, Russia: PM
- 10 more Nepalis succumb to COVID-19 in India this week
- Gandaki PA conflict: Speaker to call an all-party meet prior to assembly
- President administer oath of office to newly-appointed governors
- Nepal’s climbs a notch up in ICC T-20 ranking, ranked 13th
- Antigen test on Nepali nationals entering Nepal via land routes
- Government won’t let people die of hunger: PM Oli
- JSP asks lawmakers to reach Kathmandu
- NEPSE decreases by 12.35